Saturday, December 17, 2011

What a Wonderful Present

Today I am twelve. A cold, wistful, December birthday, I know but this one was extra special. I got the most wonderful present a girl like me could wish for. Snow. It snowed on my birthday. If you were ever to know me personally, you would know I am madly in love with snow. To me, just a week without snow in the winter time is like a year without rain. So today, when I woke up to a glistening view outside my window, that put a grin on my face. Especially since there had been no snow in, lets think back...A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! So in the spirit of snow I decided to attach myself to my camera and take a few SOOC shots of my Christmas decor and some wonderful gifts my friends gave me.
 At my house we have a little Christmas Village where we have all of these little figurines and shops so I decided that they would make wonderful photos! Above is some little carolers!
  Some little boys and their sled!
 I love this one!
 There's the ice man and his horse! I tried focusing on the words, what do you think?
 This one is my all-time favorite!! Oh, I just love making snowmen!
 I got a shot of a snowy little tree we had put up in our village.
 I love the little dog!
 We have this super cute little ice skating rink in our Christmas Village where the little ice skater spins around the "ice". I took this pic so it looks like the two are waving at each other!
{entering in this contest}
Mr. and Mrs. Claus!
 And there's the little paper boy!

 And on to the presents! 
 I got some fun Santa socks!
 These were my favorite of the many pairs of new earrings. (my friends surprised me by all giving me earrings and letting me know that I was going to get my ears pierced! Eeep!)
I got this fun new book from one of my good friends. I will be using this a lot!!
 I got a wonderful little "K" where I could hang necklaces and my new earrings.
And finally I got a really cute new wallet from another one of my good friends. Love the Koala!!

And those are just a few of the many Christmas decorations and presents I got this wonderful snowy day!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!! I got my ears pierced for my 12 birthday! Now I can't wait till my 13 birthday when I get to wear make up! Happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kaden! Sorry this is a day late, I lost track of time, but happy birthday! I kind of could tell that the ear piercing thing would happen... knowing your mom. Yesterday I woke up and thought: "Snow! On Kaden's Birthday! Wow, that is some coincidence." In any case, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos in this post are great, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww the pictures of the little figurines are adorable. I love the dof.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on any post, I love to hear your thoughts! But please no mean or rude comments. Thanks for stopping by!